14.03.2011 CDMA Samsung SPH-D700 Galaxy S Epic 4G Unbrick, Dead Boot repair supported
Samsung SPH-D700 is based on the S5PC110 Processor (ARM core is Cortex-A8). Depending on firmware state resurrection can be a bit confusing: for successful connection you will require charged battery. Please note – no matter whether you have USB cable or not – it must not be connected to phone. This is important.
Resurrector will reflash IBL, PBL, SPL and PARAM areas. Additionally you can select KERNEL and RECOVERY partitions to be reflashed too. Though them are required only for recovery mode and not needed for following USB firmware update by Odin software. So if you don’t need recovery mode don’t select these 2 partitions – otherwise you will just waste time waiting for them to be reflashed.
If after resurrection the download mode still cannot be initiated (LCD remains blank) do repeat resurrection with ‘Clone Gremlin zone’ option checked.
To resurrect Samsung SPH-D700:
- Solder JTAG cable to Samsung SPH-D700 JTAG pads;
- Make sure USB cable or charger is not connected;
- Make sure Samsung SPH-D700 is selected in the list of models;
- Make sure a fixed TCK frequency is selected;
- Insert battery;
- Click Resurrect button;
- Press Power On key; when you will see “Establish communication with the phone…” message – press Power On ey again (and hold it pressed for 1-2 seconds);
- Wait till software signals a successful operation completion;
- Disconnect USB cable, de-solder JTAG wires;
Now phone is in bootable condition, that is, even if it does not start up normally, you can flash it using original Samsung downloader software to restore it to the working state.
To enter download or recovery mode:
- Disconnect PC cable;
- Insert battery;
- Hold ‘1’ key on the keypad and press Power-On to enter download mode;
- Hold both ‘Volume Down’ and ‘Camera’ keys and press Power-On to enter recovery mode.
Please click “Check For Updates” button in order to download and apply new files. Closing all running application before starting update process is recommended.