04.04.2011 HTC Advantage X7510 (HTC Athena) Unbrick – Boot Repair supported
Resurrection of HTC Athena is easy. Most convenient is to have USB cable connected and battery inserted.
If during connection progress bar in JTAG Manager keeps running from 0 to 100% press with stylus the reset button on the phone (reset button is near to the JTAG pads).
Resurrector will reflash IPL and SPL areas. You can select SPL version to be flashed in the settings window which popups before resurrection. IPL which is flashed: “ATHENA IPL DVT 2.02 H3” version.
Current resurrector works only with HTC Athena hardware revisions which have DiskOnChip H3 memory chip installed. If you have hardware revision with DiskOnChip G4 memory chip used then select different resurrector.
To resurrect HTC Athena with DiskOnChip H3:
- Solder JTAG cable to HTC Athena JTAG pads;
- Insert battery and connect USB cable to phone and PC;
- Make sure HTC Athena is selected in the list of models;
- Click Resurrect button;
- Wait till software signals a successful operation completion;
- Disconnect USB cable, de-solder JTAG wires;
Now phone is in bootable condition, that is, even if it does not start up normally you can flash it using known flashing methods.
To enter download mode:
- Disconnect PC cable;
- Insert battery;
- Hold ‘Camera’ key and press ‘Power ON’ key or use stylus to press ‘Reset’ button. In few seconds you should see TriColor picture.
- DiskOnChip H3’s full NAND memory chip is divided into partitions by the internal memory controller. Thus DCC Loader creates virtual FLASH chip for each partition – you can read/write these partitions by selecting proper ROM index (“Access ROMi Address Space”) on the JTAG Manager’s DCC Read/Write page;
- DiskOnChip H3 has no spare zones, thus only Main field must be used during write operations. ECC Enable checkbox has no meaning here.
Please click “Check For Updates” button in order to download and apply new files. Closing all running application before starting update process is recommended.