13.11.2012 RIFF JTAG – HTC Wildfire S CDMA (HTC Marvel C) Unbrick – Dead Boot Repair and full Support
Resurrecting HTC WildFireS CDMA is easy with RIFF Box. Phone is auto powered on with USB Data Cable connected to the PC. Battery presence is not required; connection can be established with detached board.
In case you have no USB cable near, make sure battery is charged enough and hold Power On button during initiation of JTAG connection.
Resurrector will reflash radio’s boot zone and will re-write PDA’s SPL to 1.09.0000 (for NAND chips with 4Kb page size). Additionally to SPL and Radio zones, the zone which contains Model ID is re-flashed too. Thus after resurrection phone will have Model ID = ‘PG7620000’. Additionally, you can check ‘Repair RECOVERY zones’ to reflash android BOOT and RECOVERY code.
To resurrect HTC WildFireS CDMA:
- Solder JTAG cable to HTC WildFireS CDMA JTAG pads;
- Insert USB Data cable into board and PC;
- Make sure HTC WildFireS CDMA is selected in the list of models;
- If you use battery, press Power On key;
- Click Resurrect button;
- Wait till software signals a successful operation completion;
- Disconnect power supply, de-solder JTAG wires;
Now phone is in bootable condition, that is, even if it does not start up normally, you can flash it using known flashing methods.
To enter download mode:
- Disconnect PC cable;
- Insert battery;
- Hold ‘Volume Down’ key and press ‘Power ON’ button. In few seconds you should see usual android boot mode screen.