30.08.2011 Samsung Galaxy 551 (i5510) Unbrick – Boot repair supported
Samsung I5510 resurrection is simple. Phone is auto powered when USB Data Cable is inserted while battery is inside. If you don’t use USB cable, make sure to hold Power On button during JTAG connection establishing phase.
To resurrect Samsung I5510 do this:
- Solder JTAG cable to Samsung I5510 JTAG pads;
- Insert battery and connect USB cable to phone and PC;
- Make sure Samsung I5510 is selected in the list of models;
- Click Resurrect button;
- Wait few seconds until software signals a successful operation completion;
- Disconnect USB cable, de-solder JTAG wires;
Now phone is in bootable condition, that is, even if it does not start up normally, you can flash it using original Samsung downloader software to restore it to the working state.
To enter download mode:
- Disconnect PC cable;
- Insert battery;
- Hold both ‘Volume Down’ and ‘OK’ keys and press Power-On to enter Download Mode;
- Hold both ‘Volume Down’ and ‘Home’ keys and press Power-On to enter Emergency Mode;