18.10.2012 RIFF JTAG – Samsung GT-i8160 Galaxy Ace 2 Unbrick – Dead Boot Repair Supported
Repairing bricked Samsung I8160 is easy with the RIFF Box.
Please note, USB cable must be disconnected. In order to establish connection, insert battery and press Power On.
To resurrect Samsung I8160:
- Solder JTAG cable to Samsung I8160 JTAG pads;
- Attach battery;
- Disconnect USB Cable (if was connected);
- Make sure Samsung I8160 is selected in the list of models;
- Click Resurrect button;
- If required, press Power On key;
- Wait till software signals a successful operation completion;
- Disconnect power supply, de-solder JTAG wires;
Now phone is in bootable condition, that is, even if it does not start up normally, you can flash it using known flashing methods.
To enter download mode:
- Disconnect PC cable;
- Insert battery;
- Hold ‘Volume Down’ and ‘Home’ keys and press Power-On.