28.10.2011 Samsung i9003 Galaxy SL Unbrick, Boot repair supported
Samsung I9003 is based on the OMAP3630 (ARM core is Cortex-A8).
Note, one simple way to connect over JTAG – connect USB cable to PC and insert battery. In this case phone is automatically powered on. But note, in very rare cases it is possible that you will have to hold Power On key during initial connection.
In case after resurrection (after you have tried with both boot versions) the download mode is not initiated (LCD remains blank) do repeat resurrection with ‘Clone Gremlin zone’ option checked.
Please note, in most cases you will be required to insert Samsung I9003 RIFF™ MagicCard into phone’s SD slot before starting resurrection. In case you don’t have such card yet, you can create it on the “Samsung I9003 RIFF™ MagicCard” page of the resurrector settings dialog.
Due to OMAP3630’s some peculiar TrustZone security features current resurrector may fail to boot: if this happens, use Samsung I9003 IRAM resurrector – which works much slower but boots without problems.
To resurrect Samsung I9003:
- Solder JTAG cable to Samsung I9003 JTAG pads;
- Insert Samsung I9003 RIFF™ MagicCard into phone’s SD slot;
- Connect USB cable to phone and PC;
- Insert battery;
- Make sure Samsung I9003 is selected in the list of models;
- Click Resurrect button;
- Wait till software signals a successful operation completion;
- Disconnect USB cable, de-solder JTAG wires;
Now phone is in bootable condition, that is, even if it does not start up normally, you can flash it using original Samsung downloader software to restore it to the working state.
To enter download mode:
- Disconnect PC cable;
- Insert battery;
- Hold both ‘Volume Down’ and ‘Home’ keys and press Power-On.