04.05.2012 RIFF JTAG – Samsung SGH-T679 Exhibit II 4G (Samsung Ancora) Unbrick – Dead Boot repair supported
Repairing bricked Samsung T679 is easy with the RIFF Box. Phone is auto powered on with USB Data Cable connected to the PC while battery is connected.
Please note, MSM8255T is multi-core chipset – it has ARM11 and Qualcomm Scorpion cores. During power on sequence only ARM11 core is visible on the JTAG chain. If boots are not completely damaged and it comes up to initializing of the Scorpion core then Scorpion core appears on the JTAG chain too. This will shift ARM11 from TAP0 into TAP1 position on the chain, while current resurrector has the ARM11 core hardcoded at TAP0 position. Thus make sure to establish JTAG connection in the time range while Scorpion core is not visible yet.
To resurrect Samsung T679:
- Solder JTAG cable to Samsung T679 JTAG pads;
- Make sure Samsung T679 is selected in the list of models;
- Insert battery and connect USB Data cable;
- If you use only battery, press Power On key;
- Click Resurrect button;
- Wait till software signals a successful operation completion;
- Disconnect power supply, de-solder JTAG wires;
Now phone is in bootable condition, that is, even if it does not start up normally you can flash it using known flashing methods.
To enter download mode:
- Disconnect PC cable;
- Insert battery;
- Hold ‘Volume Down’ key and press ‘Power ON’ button.