Please download newly released files from update server:
– RIFF JTAG Manager 1.76
– Fixed bug which caused distorting ExtCSD register data when browsing through ExtCSD Register Fields in case selected field size was more than 4 bytes ([eMMC/SD Advanced] dialog)
– Fixed displaying of General Partition Size in eMMC Connect log (when press [eMMC/SD Advanced]/[Read Info From eMMC] or [Check eMMC/SD Card] buttons)
– Added General Partitions resize dialog ([Configure GP Partitions] button in the eMMC/SD Advanced dialog).
– Action [Access eMMC EXT_CSD Register] inf PKG Editor is improved: added option to select multiple EXT_CSD register fields from eMMC Info File (along with their values)
– Action [Establish SD/MMC Direct Connection] is updated with recommended parameters of SD/MMC Interface, VCCIO Voltage, SD_CLK Frequency and BusWidth.
Note: those parameters have ‘recommended’ status – they are just copied to proper JTAG Manager fields when the PKG is selected.
New ISP DLL-s:
Nokia Lumia 630,
Licensing server updates:
– License switch between JTAG/eMMC interfaces is now off. For all permanently activated accounts, both licenses will be activated at once so box can be used offline in full after licenses are downloaded.
– License switch remains active for trial accounts.
Please make sure to download following updates for RIFF Box:
RIFF JTAG Manager 1.75
– Fixed RIFFBOX1 bug which caused Resurrectors and Plugins to work only via RJ-45 eMMC Interface. Now DLLs work correctly via the emmc interface selected in JTAG Manager settings
– Fixed “Samsung eMMC Smart Report” feature bug when reading via RIFF1 JTAG eMMC Interface.
– Fixed error which caused JTAG Manager to show ‘Not Authorized Accesss’ in cases when RIFFBOX1 CPLD firmware was failed to be repgrogrammed.
Now JTAG Manager correctly sees the CPLD error status and does not block the user to update the RIFFBOX firmware in order to apply possible fixes to CPLD reflashing algorythms in new RIFFBOX1 firmware releases.
– Fixed bug which caused resetting eMMC Interface Setting back to ‘JTAG’ when RIFFBOX1 was uplugged.
– Fixed status showing ‘RIFFBOX Online’ in JTAG Manager while in real the RIFFBOX1 was unplugged.
– Improved Register CID write during the eMMC Firmware update stage in case the eMMC chip is started from the TestPointt mode (default name is ‘000000’);
In this case the CID register value is extracted from the firmware file and thus it simplifies for user the restoring of the CID Register value in case there is no original CID value was stored previously.
RIFF Box Firmware 1.49
– Fixed eMMC Firmware update bug for RIFF BOXes h/w version 1 (RIFFBOX1)
– Fixed eMMC Firmware reading bug for RIFF BOXes h/w version 1 and 2.
!!!!!!!!!! Please note !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eMMC Firmware files which were read via RIFFBOX1/2 Firmware versions 1.48 are invalid and shall be re-read !!!!!!!!!!!!
(these are files like: KMVTU000LM-B503_Firmware[6D432398].riffmmcfw)
eMMC Partition Table FullFlash Image Files Processing Plugin (eMMCDiskPartitions.dll) v4.03
– Use of the *.riffpbin (packed image files) format is deprecated. Read/Load of these files is supported, but create/write is removed.
– New, the *.riffxbin format is introduced. It allows to work with the connected eMMC memory (Direct or ISP via RIFF eMMC ports) in “Online” mode.
– “Online eMMC Mode” is introduced. This differs from previous plugin behaviour. Online eMMC Mode is initiated by clicking the “Load Layout from Device” button.
This emulates same behaviour as if user loaded local fullimage dump file and clicked “Load layout from File” button. Same as with the local file, in the “Online eMMC Mode”
the partitions layout and contents are read from the eMMC chip and displayed immediately in the HEX window. There is no need to execute ‘Read Partition” actions. The contents are updated run-time,
when user scrolls the data in hex window, or parses a partition with known file system, making an illusion of working with locally stored fullimage dump file. You can immediately right click and do “Save  Partition into file…”
which will start immediate reading from the eMMC and storing to the HDD.
For example, to download DCIM folder from eMMC, just click “Load Layout from Device” button, select the data partition, and start browsing file system immediately.
Browse to DCIM folder, right click and select “Extract Directory “DCIM” to…”. The files will be run-time downloaded from eMMC and stored to the specified location on HDD.
The RIFFBOX2’s read speeds around 10MB/sec allow you not to distinguish the work with the local dump or in “Online eMMC Mode”
For example, parsing of the big EXT4 android data partition (more than 1500 files) takes:
– ~25 seconds via the RIFF1 RJ-45 eMMC Interface @2.5MHz,
– ~11 seconds via the RIFF1 JTAG eMMC Interface @8MHz,
– less than 1 second via the RIFF2 eMMC Interface @34MHz.
RIFF Firmware 1.47
– MassStorage Mount/Dismount support for RIFFBOX1 is added.
– Working with special eMMC vendor features (like dedicated Samsung eMMC Chip’s commands) is re-organized.
Due to high risk of erasing User/Boot areas on the eMMC chips which are not Samsung, the Samsung chips autodetection is completely removed.
To access special Samsung eMMC’s features (like firmware update, factory reset, etc) User must manually select Vendor Mode.
– RIFF1 & RIFF2: Finally!!! The eMMC/SD Erase Operation (for Direct/ISP connection) finally is implemented!!!
RIFF JTAG Manager 1.73
– MassStorage mount/dismount feature is reworked and improved. Now is possible to Mount/Reconfigure/Dismount the MassStorage via the same dialog.
The MassStorage settings are read from the RIFFBOX, so it is much more convenient in case users need to mount/dismount same eMMC Area ocasianlly or to adjust eMMC connection parameters for better stability.
– MassStorage Mount/Dismount support for RIFFBOX1 is added.
– Working with special eMMC vendor features (like dedicated Samsung eMMC Chip’s commands) is re-organized (see the Firmware 1.47 notes)
– Finally!!! The eMMC/SD Erase Operation (for Direct/ISP connection) is implemented!!!
JTAG Manager 1.72
– New method of resurrectors grouping is added.
Setting ISP Resurrectors shows only the ISP available DLLs; Setting ISP Resurrectors shows only the packages (PKG files); setting JTAG Resurrectors shows only the JTAG available DLLs
Setting ALL Resurrectors shows all available DLLs same as is done in JTAG Manager 1.71 and lower.
– Fixed bug for correct setting of the recommended SD/MMC VCCIO voltage for ISP DLLs: when model is selected, the JTAG Manager adjusts the frequency, voltage and other settings to match (if possible) those values, which are hardcoded into resurrector DLL.
RIFF JTAG Manager v1.69
– Fixed the bug for General Purpose Partition Sizes
– Added feature to switch ON/OFF the MassStorage Mode. For this, please connect an eMMC (either via Direct or ISP interface),
make sure it is detected (on the “eMMC/SD Card” page), and on the ‘eMMC/SD Advanced’ dialog click the ‘MassStorage Mode ON/OFF’ button to setup which partitions are to be mounted.
Please note, for stable connection, first of all do reads on the “eMMC/SD Card” page to adjust stable Frequency, BusWidth and Voltage.
After you click “MassStorage Mode ON/OFF” button, current settings for Voltage, Frequency, Bus Width will be written into RIFFBOX non-volatile memory,
and while the MassStorage mode is ON, upon each connection to USB the RIFFBOX will additionally to normal Control interface enumerate the MassStorage Disks (as if a Flash Stick is connected to PC)
eMMC Partition Table FullFlash Image Files Processing Plugin (eMMCDiskPartitions.dll) v3.02
– Added support for User Area Partition bounds selection from the JTAG Manager’s MassStorage settings dialog
– Added file system detection: the plugin analyzes the partition’s data structure to autodetect what file system (if any) is used. The result is displayed in the new “F/S” row
To mount EXT/x partitions You should install EXT FS driver from here:
You can read more details at official support forum:
JTAG Manager 1.68
– Added option “Forced eMMC Samsung Mode” to the “Write CID Register” operation, so the Samsung eMMC chips with not valid Manufacturer ID field (the valid one is 0x15) could be processed.
– Fixed Hynix (and possibly other non-Samsung eMMC chips) bug which caused erase of chip contents during init stage (“Check eMMC/SD Card” button);
– Changed eMMC autodetection algo for Samsung chips. Now a simple check of Manufacturer ID is used (note, the Samsung eMMC’s Manufacturer ID = 0x15)
Please note, currently is supported eMMC CID Register Write operation for Samsung chips. Thus, for Samsung eMMC it is possible to change Manufacturer ID byte.
In case Manufacturer ID is not equal 0x15, all extended Samsung eMMC’s functionality will be disabled (Write CID,CSD, Read/Write eMMC firmware, etc).
To enable it, use “Write CID Register” operation with the forced Samsung Mode checkbox checked to write the 0x15 value back to the Manufacturer ID field.
JTAG Manager 1.67
– Fixed bug (which is related to RIFFBOX2 only), which caused box connection error, after this operation: “Setting new JTAG/eMMC License to the RIFFBOX.”
RIFF Box Firmware v1.43
– Fixed bug related to RIFF Box v1 eMMC detection
– Fixed bug related to RIFF Box v2 USB 2.0 ports enumeration
New RIFF Box v2 drivers:
– Drivers from year 2014 (x86 and x64)
Instructions for users with V2 box and “Device cannot start, error code 10” problem:
– Disconnect RIFF Box v2 from USB port
– Open box housing and take PCB out
– Connect TP1 to TP2 using tweezers,
– Connect USB cable to Box and PC
– Disconnect TP-s
– Launch JTAG Manager (any version from 1.65 and up)
– Perform Firmware Update as requested
After You connect TP-s and USB cable, box will enumerate in bootloader mode. RIFF Update Port driver is required (like allways during firmware update) and Recovery firmware will be flashed.
After this, normal Firmware Update procedure will follow and You can use RIFF Box on any USB port (2.0 or 3.0).
– Find working USB 3.0 port (By working means that LPCDevice driver works)
– Update box to V1.43 firmware