02.11.2012 RIFF JTAG – HTC Flyer 4G P515E Unbrick, IMEI, SuperCID, ModelID repair supported
Repairing bricked HTC Flyer4G (PG4130000) is easy with the RIFF Box. Phone is auto powered on with USB Data Cable connected to the PC while battery is connected. Please note, battery presense is required.
Some (or all) revisions of HTC Flyer4G (PG4130000) boards have JTAG interface disabled (that is enable MARM JTAG Fuse is blown in the MSM chip). In this case the JTAG may be enabled only by firmware itself. This is done by the DBL loader, so if DBL area is damanged and MCU has JTAG Disable FUSE blown then there is no way to resurrect your phone via JTAG interface. However, in this case you may use HTC Flyer4G (PG4130000) USB DLL version which does not require JTAG interface and does resurrection procedure via USB cable.
Resurrector will reflash radio’s boot zone (except DBL area) and will re-write PDA’s SPL to 1.14.0001 version. Additionally to SPL and Radio zones, the zone which contains Model ID is re-flashed too. Thus after resurrection phone will have Model ID = ‘PG413****’.
To resurrect HTC Flyer:
- Solder JTAG cable to HTC Flyer JTAG pads;
- Insert battery and connect USB Data cable;
- Make sure HTC Flyer4G (PG4130000) is selected in the list of models;
- If you use only battery, press Power On key;
- Click Resurrect button;
- Wait till software signals a successful operation completion;
- Disconnect power supply, de-solder JTAG wires;
Now phone is in bootable condition, that is, even if it does not start up normally you can flash it using known flashing methods. You can use CWM recovery to flash any ZIP file – for this during resurrection add BOOT & RECOVERY zones to be resurrected too.
To enter download mode:
- Disconnect PC cable;
- Insert battery;
- Hold ‘Volume Down’ key and press ‘Power ON’ button.