21.03.2011 RoverPC EVO V7 Unbrick – Dead boot repair supported
RoverPC Evo V7 resurrection is simple. Phone is auto powered on with USB Data Cable connected to the PC. Battery presence is not required; connection can be established with detached board.
To resurrect RoverPC Evo V7:
- Solder JTAG cable to RoverPC Evo V7 JTAG pads;
- Connect USB cable to phone and PC;
- Make sure RoverPC Evo V7 is selected in the list of models;
- Make sure a fixed TCK frequency is selected;
- Click Resurrect button;
- Wait till software signals a successful operation completion;
- Disconnect USB cable, de-solder JTAG wires;
Now phone is in bootable condition, that is, even if it does not start up normally, you can flash it using original firmware downloader software to restore it to the working state.
To enter download mode:
- Disconnect PC cable;
- Insert battery;
- Hold both ‘Volume Down’ and ‘Camera’ keys and press Power-On.
Please click “Check For Updates” button in order to download and apply new files. Closing all running application before starting update process is recommended.