25.10.2013 RIFF JTAG – Easy repair HTC Panache 4G supported
Repairing bricked HTC Panache is easy with the RIFF Box. Phone is auto powered on with USB Data Cable connected to the PC while battery is connected.
Current resurrector works via USB interface thus no JTAG connection is required. You may need to install RIFF BOX DCC Loader USB Interface USB driver if you run this for the first time. Drivers are located in JTAG Manager directory (Drivers folder).
In order to connect, device must be detected by system as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader communication port. To force device into this mode (that is if your device is dead but there is still no USB activity when you connect it to PC with USB cable) use testpoint to disable the eMMC memory – for this shortcut specified point on the schematics to the GND during power-on stage.
Resurrector will reflash radio’s boot zones and will re-write PDA’s SPL to 0.89.0005 version. Additionally to SPL and Radio zones, the zone which contains Model ID is re-flashed too. Thus after resurrection phone will have Model ID = ‘PD1510000’.
There is option to reflash BOOT and RECOVERY zones.
To resurrect HTC Panache via USB Cable:
- If required, use testpoint to force HS-USB QDLoader mode: for this de-power board, shortcut specified point in the schematics to GND with the help of a needle, insert USB cable into PC, wait while phone enumerates as HS-USB QDLoader and then remove the needle;
- Make sure USB cable is attached to the board and is connected to PC;
- Make sure HTC Panache via USB is selected in the list of models;
- Click Resurrect button;
- Wait till software signals a successful operation completion;
- Disconnect power supply, de-solder JTAG wires;
Now phone is in bootable condition, that is, even if it does not start up normally you can flash it using known flashing methods.
To enter download mode:
- Disconnect PC cable;
- Insert battery;
- Hold ‘Volume Down’ key and press ‘Power ON’ button.