19.10.2012 RIFF JTAG – LG P970 Optimus Unbrick – Dead Boot Repair Supported
Repairing bricked LG P970 is easy with the RIFF Box. But it requires non-beginner soldering skills (since JTAG pads on board are very small and are close to each other).
Please note, it may be possible that on alive phone there will be problem detecting eMMC chip – in this case you will get “WARNING: DCC Loader was unable to initialize FLASH1 chip. Error code: 0x00FF8080” error. The solution is to connect the phone in a following way:
- De-power the phone and disconnect USB cable (if any);
- Attach battery but do not press Power On button yet; thus, though with battery attached, phone remains de-powered;
- Click Resurrect (or DCC Read/Write page’s Read/Write) button – depends on operation you need to perform;
- Now you have to be quick: while software tries to connect to the still de-powered phone, quickly press Power On button on the phone (or supply power to the phone in any other possible way).
- It must detect eMMC without error and from now on until phone is de-powered you can perform any read/write operations you need.
To resurrect LG P970:
- Solder JTAG cable to LG P970 JTAG pads;
- Insert USB Data cable into board and PC;
- Make sure LG P970 is selected in the list of models;
- Click Resurrect button;
- Wait till software signals a successful operation completion;
- Disconnect power supply, de-solder JTAG wires;
Now phone is in bootable condition, that is, even if it does not start up normally, you can flash it using known flashing methods.