14.03.2012 RIFF JTAG – HTC EVO 3D (HTC Shooter) Unbrick – Boot Repair Supported, World First ! ! !
Repairing bricked HTC EVO 3D (PG86300) is easy with the RIFF Box. Phone is auto powered on with USB Data Cable connected to the PC while battery is connected.
Resurrector will reflash radio’s boot zone (except FSBL area) and will re-write PDA’s SPL version 1.49.0007. Additionally to SPL and Radio zones, the zone which contains Model ID is re-flashed too. Thus after resurrection phone will have Model ID = ‘PG8630000’.
There is option to reflash BOOT and RECOVERY zones.
To resurrect HTC EVO 3D:
- Solder JTAG cable to HTC EVO 3D JTAG pads;
- Insert batter and connect USB Data cable;
- Make sure HTC EVO 3D is selected in the list of models;
- If you use only battery, press Power On key;
- Click Resurrect button;
- Wait till software signals a successful operation completion;
- Disconnect power supply, de-solder JTAG wires;
Now phone is in bootable condition, that is, even if it does not start up normally you can flash it using known flashing methods.
To enter download mode:
- Disconnect PC cable;
- Insert battery;
- Hold ‘Volume Down’ key and press ‘Power ON’ button.