29.12.2012 RIFF JTAG – Samsung SHW-M180W Galaxy Tab WiFi Unbrick – Dead Boot repair supported
Samsung M180W is based on the S5PCxxx Processor (ARM core is Cortex-A8).
Note, one simple way to connect over JTAG – connect USB cable to PC and insert battery. In this case phone is automatically powered on. But note, in some cases it is possible that you will have to hold Power On key during initial connection.
To resurrect Samsung M180W:
- Solder JTAG cable to Samsung M180W JTAG pads;
- Connect USB cable to phone and PC;
- Attach battery connector;
- Make sure Samsung M180W is selected in the list of models;
- Make sure a fixed TCK frequency is selected;
- Click Resurrect button;
- Wait till software signals a successful operation completion;
- Disconnect USB cable, de-solder JTAG wires;
Now phone is in bootable condition, that is, even if it does not start up normally, you can flash it using original Samsung downloader software to restore it to the working state.
To enter download mode:
- Disconnect PC cable;
- Insert battery;
- Hold both ‘Volume Down’ and ‘Home’ keys and press Power-On.