19.10.2011 RIFF JTAG – Samsung Z500 supported !
Resurrection of Samsung Z500 requires battery or external power supply (we didn’t test whether phone is powered on using only a USB cable). You can use RIFF BOX’s 4.2V output for power (requires 1.16 firmware version or later and the 4.2V Output feature enabled in the JTAG Manager).
To resurrect Samsung Z500:
- Solder JTAG cable to Samsung Z500 JTAG pads;
- Insert battery (or connect external power supply to the battery pads);
- Make sure Samsung Z500 is selected in the list of models;
- Click Resurrect button;
- Press Power-On key shortly;
- Wait till software signals a successful operation completion;
- Disconnect power supply, de-solder JTAG wires;
Now phone is in bootable condition, that is, even if it does not start up normally, you can flash it using known flashing methods.
To enter download mode:
- Disconnect PC cable;
- Insert battery;
- Hold ‘9’ key and press ‘Power ON’ button. In few seconds you should see light-blue screen.