Please download newly released files from update server:
– RIFF JTAG Manager 1.76
– Fixed bug which caused distorting ExtCSD register data when browsing through ExtCSD Register Fields in case selected field size was more than 4 bytes ([eMMC/SD Advanced] dialog)
– Fixed displaying of General Partition Size in eMMC Connect log (when press [eMMC/SD Advanced]/[Read Info From eMMC] or [Check eMMC/SD Card] buttons)
– Added General Partitions resize dialog ([Configure GP Partitions] button in the eMMC/SD Advanced dialog).
– Action [Access eMMC EXT_CSD Register] inf PKG Editor is improved: added option to select multiple EXT_CSD register fields from eMMC Info File (along with their values)
– Action [Establish SD/MMC Direct Connection] is updated with recommended parameters of SD/MMC Interface, VCCIO Voltage, SD_CLK Frequency and BusWidth.
Note: those parameters have ‘recommended’ status – they are just copied to proper JTAG Manager fields when the PKG is selected.
New ISP DLL-s:
- Nokia Lumia 630,
- Samsung E330K
- Samsung E370K
- Samsung G532F
- Samsung I535
- Samsung I8160
- Samsung I9500
- Samsung J120H
- Samsung J200H
- Samsung J500H
Licensing server updates:
– License switch between JTAG/eMMC interfaces is now off. For all permanently activated accounts, both licenses will be activated at once so box can be used offline in full after licenses are downloaded.
– License switch remains active for trial accounts.
Following DLL-s are uploaded to support area:
- Acer Liquid Z330
- HTC OneM7 (PN0710000)
- Lenovo K910
- Samsung A500K
- Samsung J510FN
- Samsung N7100
- Sony C1605
To download and install newly released updates, start RIFF JTAG Manager, go to Box Service TAB and click “Check for Updates” button.
Newly released ISP DLL-s:
– Samsung A310F
– Samsung I9190
– Samsung J320H
– Samsung P3100
– Samsung T989
– Xiaomi Redmi 4A
Please click “Check for Updates” button to download newest set of repair DLL-s.
RIFF Firmware 1.47
– MassStorage Mount/Dismount support for RIFFBOX1 is added.
– Working with special eMMC vendor features (like dedicated Samsung eMMC Chip’s commands) is re-organized.
Due to high risk of erasing User/Boot areas on the eMMC chips which are not Samsung, the Samsung chips autodetection is completely removed.
To access special Samsung eMMC’s features (like firmware update, factory reset, etc) User must manually select Vendor Mode.
– RIFF1 & RIFF2: Finally!!! The eMMC/SD Erase Operation (for Direct/ISP connection) finally is implemented!!!
RIFF JTAG Manager 1.73
– MassStorage mount/dismount feature is reworked and improved. Now is possible to Mount/Reconfigure/Dismount the MassStorage via the same dialog.
The MassStorage settings are read from the RIFFBOX, so it is much more convenient in case users need to mount/dismount same eMMC Area ocasianlly or to adjust eMMC connection parameters for better stability.
– MassStorage Mount/Dismount support for RIFFBOX1 is added.
– Working with special eMMC vendor features (like dedicated Samsung eMMC Chip’s commands) is re-organized (see the Firmware 1.47 notes)
– Finally!!! The eMMC/SD Erase Operation (for Direct/ISP connection) is implemented!!!
JTAG Manager 1.72
– New method of resurrectors grouping is added.
Setting ISP Resurrectors shows only the ISP available DLLs; Setting ISP Resurrectors shows only the packages (PKG files); setting JTAG Resurrectors shows only the JTAG available DLLs
Setting ALL Resurrectors shows all available DLLs same as is done in JTAG Manager 1.71 and lower.
– Fixed bug for correct setting of the recommended SD/MMC VCCIO voltage for ISP DLLs: when model is selected, the JTAG Manager adjusts the frequency, voltage and other settings to match (if possible) those values, which are hardcoded into resurrector DLL.
List of newest repair DLL-s with ISP support:
– LG F240L,
– Asus ZenFone2 (ZE551ML),
– Huawei Honor 4C (CHM-U01) ISP
– Nokia lumia 530 ISP
– Samsung I9305 ISP
– Samsung J105H ISP
– Samsung N8000 ISP
– Samsung P5100 ISP
– Samsung T531 ISP
– Samsung G361H ISP
– Samsung I9300 ISP
– Samsung I9300I ISP
– Samsung I9301I ISP
– Samsung i9070 ISP
– Samsung i8552 ISP
– Samsung n7000 ISP
– Samsung i9192 ISP
– Samsung i9060 ISP
– Samsung G318H ISP
– HTC Flyer ISP
– HTC Desire 326G ISP
– ZTE V811 ISP
JTAG Manager 1.71
– Firmware update bugs are fixed. Those could cause box not detection errors during firmware update procedure when box is switched from firmware mode into bootcore mode and vice versa
– Eight new boot mode templates are added to “Set Boot Operation Mode” feature (eMMC/SD Anvanced dialog from eMMC/SD Access page):
Broadcom Boot Config, Exynos (RSTn OFF) Boot Config, Exynos (RSTn ON) Boot Config, Hi-Silicon Boot Config, Mediatek Boot Config, Qualcomm 1 Boot Config, Qualcomm 2 Boot Config, Spreadtrum Boot Config
DirectProgramming.dll Version 1.05
– Plugin is upgraded to be compatible with JTAG Manager 1.70 and on.
RIFF License server v1.39
– Fixed update procedure for box is bootcore mode (“firmware update failed” problem)
– Overall stability improved
RIFF Box firmware v1.46, JTAG Manager v1.70, eMMC Plugin v3.04 released
RIFF Box firmware v1.46:
- Fixed incorrect MassStorage Mode behaviour when there is no eMMC/SD device detected on box startup.
- Fixed bug in MassStorage Mode USB BULK communication
RIFF JTAG Manager v1.70:
eMMC Plugin v3.04:
RIFF Box Firmware v1.45
– Added MassStorage Mode for RIFFBOX2
RIFF JTAG Manager v1.69
– Fixed the bug for General Purpose Partition Sizes
– Added feature to switch ON/OFF the MassStorage Mode. For this, please connect an eMMC (either via Direct or ISP interface),
make sure it is detected (on the “eMMC/SD Card” page), and on the ‘eMMC/SD Advanced’ dialog click the ‘MassStorage Mode ON/OFF’ button to setup which partitions are to be mounted.
Please note, for stable connection, first of all do reads on the “eMMC/SD Card” page to adjust stable Frequency, BusWidth and Voltage.
After you click “MassStorage Mode ON/OFF” button, current settings for Voltage, Frequency, Bus Width will be written into RIFFBOX non-volatile memory,
and while the MassStorage mode is ON, upon each connection to USB the RIFFBOX will additionally to normal Control interface enumerate the MassStorage Disks (as if a Flash Stick is connected to PC)
eMMC Partition Table FullFlash Image Files Processing Plugin (eMMCDiskPartitions.dll) v3.02
– Added support for User Area Partition bounds selection from the JTAG Manager’s MassStorage settings dialog
– Added file system detection: the plugin analyzes the partition’s data structure to autodetect what file system (if any) is used. The result is displayed in the new “F/S” row
To mount EXT/x partitions You should install EXT FS driver from here:
You can read more details at official support forum:
JTAG Manager 1.68
– Added option “Forced eMMC Samsung Mode” to the “Write CID Register” operation, so the Samsung eMMC chips with not valid Manufacturer ID field (the valid one is 0x15) could be processed.
– Fixed Hynix (and possibly other non-Samsung eMMC chips) bug which caused erase of chip contents during init stage (“Check eMMC/SD Card” button);
– Changed eMMC autodetection algo for Samsung chips. Now a simple check of Manufacturer ID is used (note, the Samsung eMMC’s Manufacturer ID = 0x15)
Please note, currently is supported eMMC CID Register Write operation for Samsung chips. Thus, for Samsung eMMC it is possible to change Manufacturer ID byte.
In case Manufacturer ID is not equal 0x15, all extended Samsung eMMC’s functionality will be disabled (Write CID,CSD, Read/Write eMMC firmware, etc).
To enable it, use “Write CID Register” operation with the forced Samsung Mode checkbox checked to write the 0x15 value back to the Manufacturer ID field.
JTAG Manager 1.67
– Fixed bug (which is related to RIFFBOX2 only), which caused box connection error, after this operation: “Setting new JTAG/eMMC License to the RIFFBOX.”
RIFF Box Firmware v1.43
– Fixed bug related to RIFF Box v1 eMMC detection
– Fixed bug related to RIFF Box v2 USB 2.0 ports enumeration
New RIFF Box v2 drivers:
– Drivers from year 2014 (x86 and x64)
Instructions for users with V2 box and “Device cannot start, error code 10” problem:
– Disconnect RIFF Box v2 from USB port
– Open box housing and take PCB out
– Connect TP1 to TP2 using tweezers,
– Connect USB cable to Box and PC
– Disconnect TP-s
– Launch JTAG Manager (any version from 1.65 and up)
– Perform Firmware Update as requested
After You connect TP-s and USB cable, box will enumerate in bootloader mode. RIFF Update Port driver is required (like allways during firmware update) and Recovery firmware will be flashed.
After this, normal Firmware Update procedure will follow and You can use RIFF Box on any USB port (2.0 or 3.0).
– Find working USB 3.0 port (By working means that LPCDevice driver works)
– Update box to V1.43 firmware