29.11.2011 Samsung Star Duos (C6712) Unbrick – Boot repair supported
Samsung C6712 resurrection is simple. Battery is not required. To power the board it’s most convenient to use an USB Data Cable.
In order to contact to JTAG pads you may need to carefully scratch off paint covering (mask layer) above them. Sometimes there is reset problem with these phones, thus you may need to disconnect and then connect USB cable again.
To resurrect Samsung C6712 do this:
- Solder JTAG cable to Samsung C6712 JTAG pads;
- Insert battery and connect USB cable to phone and PC;
- Make sure Samsung C6712 is selected in the list of models
- Click Resurrect button;
- Wait few seconds until software signals a successful operation completion;
- Disconnect USB cable, de-solder JTAG wires;
Now phone is in bootable condition, that is, even if it does not start up normally, you can flash it using original Samsung downloader software to restore it to the working state.
To enter download mode:
- Disconnect PC cable;
- Insert battery;
- Hold both ‘Volume Down’ and ‘SIM Swap’ keys and press Power-On.