30.08.2011 Sierra Wireless U595 USB Modem, Unbrick – Boot repair supported
Resurrecting CDMA USB Modem Sierra U595 is simple. Just make sure you solder all JTAG signals and insert modem into a USB port for it to get powered.
Please note, there is back cover detecting micro-switch present on the board: without back cover modem will not receive power. Thus, either asemble modem with soldered wires and attach back cover or hold micro-switch manually during all resurrection process.
You can select which areas to be repaired during requrrection process.
To resurrect CDMA USB Modem Sierra U595:
- Solder JTAG cable to Sierra U595 JTAG pads;
- Insert Sierra U595 into any USB port for power;
- Make sure USB Modem U595 is selected in the list of models;
- Click Resurrect button;
- Select areas to be repaired in the settings window;
- Wait till software signals a successful operation completion;
- De-solder JTAG wires;