10.09.2012 RIFF JTAG – Samsung SGH-A887 Unbrick – Dead boot repair
The Samsung A887 board is auto powered on with USB Data Cable connected to the PC. Battery presence is not required; connection can be established with detached board.
To resurrect Samsung A887:
- Solder JTAG cable to Samsung A887 JTAG pads;
- connect USB cable;
- Make sure Samsung A887 is selected in the list of models;
- Click Resurrect button;
- Wait till software signals a successful operation completion;
- Disconnect power supply, de-solder JTAG wires;
Now phone is in bootable condition, that is, even if it does not start up normally, you can flash it using known flashing methods.
To enter download mode:
- Disconnect PC cable;
- Insert battery;
- Hold both ‘Volume Down’ and ‘Camera’ keys and press ‘Power ON’ button.