06.04.2012 RIFF JTAG – Lynksis Router LinkSys WRT54G unbrick supported
Repairing bricked LinkSys WRT54GL is easy with the RIFF Box. Router is powered on when power plug is attached. If connection process stops at “Establish communication with the phone…” just reset router’s power.
Current resurrector contains Boot, Configuration and Firmware zones for memory chip with ID 0x00C2/0x22A8
To resurrect LinkSys WRT54GL:
- Solder JTAG cable to LinkSys WRT54GL JTAG pads;
- Insert USB Data cable into board and PC;
- Make sure LinkSys WRT54GL is selected in the list of models;
- Click Resurrect button;
- Choose which areas to flash;
- Wait till software signals a successful operation completion;
- De-solder JTAG wires;
Now router is in bootable condition, that is, even if it does not start up normally you can flash it via UART using known flashing methods. Or you can do resurrection checking full clone resurrect option – this will re-write all flash memory contents.