12.04.2011 CDMA HTC Droid Eris, Unbrick, Boot Repair, ModelID repair supported
Resurrecting HTC Droid Eris is easy. Phone is auto powered on with USB Data Cable connected to the PC. Battery presence is not required; connection can be established with detached board.
Additionally to SPL and Radio zones, the zone which contains Model ID is re-flashed too. Thus after resurrection phone will have Model ID = ‘PB0010000’.
To resurrect HTC Droid Eris:
- Solder JTAG cable to HTC Droid Eris JTAG pads;
- Insert USB Data cable into board and PC;
- Make sure HTC Droid Eris is selected in the list of models;
- If you use battery, press Power On key;
- Click Resurrect button;
- Wait till software signals a successful operation completion;
- Disconnect power supply, de-solder JTAG wires;
Now phone is in bootable condition, that is, even if it does not start up normally, you can flash it using known flashing methods.
To enter download mode:
- Disconnect PC cable;
- Insert battery;
- Hold ‘Volume down’ key and press ‘Power ON’ button to enter HBoot menu;
- Hold ‘Volume up’ key and press ‘Power ON’ button to enter Recovery mode;
Manual Activation of the phone (in case you see Activation screen and phone is unable to make call to retrieve settings automatically):
- Press Emergency Call;
- Dial ##778 and press Call key;
- Tap “Edit Mode”;
- Enter password “000000”;
- Tap NAM Settings;
- Enter your 10 digit phone number and tap OK;
- Tap NAM1 and enter your 7 digit cell phone number without area code;
- Tap NAM2 and enter your 3 digit area code;
- Tap Back;
- Tap SID/NID Settings and change the left box to 40 and leave right box as it is and then tap OK;
- Tap Menu;
- Tap Commit Mod: after this phone will restart in 10 seconds and will bypass the main activation screen.
Please click “Check For Updates” button in order to download and apply new files. Closing all running application before starting update process is recommended.