23.11.2012 RIFF JTAG – eMMC Partition Table FullFlash Image Files Processing Plugin (eMMCDiskPartitions.dll) v2.00
This plugin is a powerfull tool which enormously simplifies resurrection process (providing you have the required boot files from an official firmware or you have a ‘donor’ device) for those devices which are not yet supported by a dedicated resurrector DLL.
This plugin works with eMMC image files and phones which have following formatting:
- Image Files or Phones with Standard Master Boot Record (MBR) and Extended Boot Record (EBR) formatting. Most of eMMC-bootable mobile phones have their eMMC memory formatted in such style. In this case partitions are accessed in standard way, by Partition ID: for example boot loader partitions or OS image partition (compare with qualcomm MIBIB partitioning: while ‘MIBIB’-type partitions have standalone partition descriptor block which contains info on all partitions and is posistioned in a definite NAND address, the eMMC partitioning is one MBR sector at fixed position + a chain of EBR sectors which are scattered throughout the eMMC address space in a literally random way);
- Image Files or Phones which do not have standard Master Boot Record (MBR) and Extended Boot Record (EBR) formatting, but instead, partition information for such phones is taken from the PIT Table (some Samsung phones);
- Image Files or Phones which do not have standard Master Boot Record (MBR) and Extended Boot Record (EBR) formatting, but instead, partition information for such phones is taken from the EFI Table (some Samsung, LG, Pantech and other phones).
Please note, in previous versions this plugin worked only with devices from topic #1, while #2 was supported by different plugin. Now everything is combined in this plugin (as well as EFI support added), and other eMMC plugin (PIT-Based) become obsolete, and no longer will be supported.
With the help of this plugin you can do:
- Disassemble a full (or, since eMMC full image files are too large, a partial) eMMC Image File previously obtained with JTAG Manager (DCC Read/Write Page);
- Inspect each partition contents;
- Save separate partitions to HDD;
- Save all partitions as standalone files to HDD;
- Build-up your own full image file: for this you need to read from device (by clicking “Load Image from Device” button) or open from file (by clicking “Load Image from File” button) the eMMC partitioning data and then by selecting desired partitions click “Inject Into Partition” button to upload data from file into selected partition. Then you can save all full image file to HDD or flash injected partitions directly into device;
- Write a chosen partition directly into device;
- Read a chosen partition directly from device and substitute old partition contents to new ones;
- Create eMMC partitioning snapshot (that is storing info on full EBR chain: each EBR sector position).
- Restore eMMC partitioning from previously taken file: it is convenient if eMMC memory is erased and all formatting data is lost.
- Plugin supports new RIFF™ shrinked binary files format (*.riffpbin): which allows to shrink huge eMMC Image files into small sized-files (for example, Image File for 14GB empty eMMC chip is shrinked into ~10 KByte(!) size), thus HDD space is preserved, while performance is not visibly effected.
Please note, direct read/write operations from/to the device will require proper resurrector to be set (Resurrector Settings: thus before clicking the Activate Plugin button make sure proper model is selected as well as other settings like TCK/RTCK frequencies).
This plugin will support all possible devices, based either on Samsung Exynos or Qualcomm cores with eMMC memory as boot device.
Please visit RIFF Box FAQ page for detailed instructions !