Repairing bricked Fly IQ285 is easy with the RIFF Box. Phone is auto powered on with USB Data Cable connected to the PC while battery is connected.
Resurrector reflashes radio’s boot zones. There are options to reflash BOOT and RECOVERY zones.
To resurrect Fly IQ285:
Solder JTAG cable to Fly IQ285 JTAG pads;
Insert batter and connect USB Data cable;
Make sure Fly IQ285 is selected in the list of models;
If you use only battery, press Power On key;
Click Resurrect button;
Wait till software signals a successful operation completion;
Disconnect power supply, de-solder JTAG wires;
Now phone is in bootable condition, that is, even if it does not start up normally you can flash it using known flashing methods.
To enter download mode:
Disconnect PC cable;
Hold ‘Volume Down’ key and press ‘Power ON’ button.
JTAG Manager 1.12
– Added mutlichain options support for CMM scripts
– Added advanced multichain setup (“Advanced…” in the TAP# field)
– Added Cortex-A8 processor selection
– Added BOX pinout button (which is placed on Resurrection page)
– Addedd Cortex-A8 core 16-bit and 8-bit bus read/writes (which are be used in scripts mostly)
– Addedd CoreSight DAP ROM Table processing for automatic ARM core search.
– Addedd advanced MultiChain selection (IRPRE, IRPOST, DRPRE, DRPOST) in case simple TAP number is impossible to select (like in OMAP850)
– Addedd feature to set custom timeout after NRST is asserted back to high level
(for backward compatibility default timeout for ARM9 is set to 10ms, for other cores – 0ms)
Please start the JTAG Manager and click “Check for updates” button. You’ll be notified about new updates. Download everything and restart the software.
Box firmware will be updated automatically, but in case box stucks in bootcore mode, update firmware manually. Make sure to select v1.12 firmware.